Today you are going to learn about some extreme sports and prepare a short presentation about one for the rest of the class.
1. Open the ESPN Action Sports website in another window.
2. At the top of the page you will see a list of the following categories of extreme sports. Choose an unfamiliar sport to learn about.
2. After you go to your sport page, you will see a list of "headlines" on the right side of the page. Choose one headline story to read about. Below the headlines, you will also see some interviews. You can read an interview if that is more interesting to you.
3. Take notes about the story so that you can explain it to the class. Remember to include an introduction and a conclusion.
4. Make a list of new vocabulary from the story or interview that you read. We will write these words on the board and explain them to the class.
5. Make your presentation.